Make sure your iPad mobile device drivers from Apple are up to date:
1. Search Device Manager and open the application
2. Go to Portable Devices and find your iPad or iPhone
3. Right click and select "Update Driver Software"
4. Then select Browse this Computer and go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers or C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
5. Click Next
6. Windows should find the updated driver and update it. You should be able to see your iPad or iPhone available to sync in iTunes now. However, if the driver doesn't update and Windows says you are up to date, you will need to uninstall the driver and reinstall it – feel free to contact us for help.
7. Now connect Duet
Video instructions of this workaround: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkG9NfKR1DA
More instructions and recommendations to fix issues with Apple device support on Windows PCs.