While Duet allows you to connect through an extremely fast and performant wireless connection, you may want to connect via cable in certain situations. Here's how to do so:
1. Connect your device via cable to your PC
2. Enable "USB tethering" on your device – note, however, some devices don't have this option, so if that's the case, wired connection will not be possible for you.
a. Go into your phone's settings (gear icon) and select "Connections" – you should see this:
b. Select "Mobile hotspot and tethering":
c. If your phone is already connected to your PC via cable, you should see the option "USB Tethering" available – just tap it once and it should toggle from OFF to ON:
3. Launch Duet on your mobile device
4. Launch Duet on your PC – after a few seconds, you should see (1) show next to the Air tab
5. From the Air tab on your PC, double-click your device
6. Make sure "Enable Duet Air" is checked:
The connection via cable should be successful! Be mindful that, since the process involves tethering, your PC may end up using your phone's internet – disabling "Mobile data" should do the trick.
If by any chance you stumble upon any trouble, e-mail us to email@example.com immediately – one of our specialists will help you.